By Scottsdale Pinetop
*Former Councilwoman Kate Gallego has been endorsed by EMILY’s List. EMILY’s list is a political action committee that aims to help elect pro-choice Democratic female candidates to office.
*Former Councilman Daniel Valenzuela has been endorsed by the Greater Phoenix Chamber of Commerce.
*Former Councilwoman Kate Gallego opened new campaign headquarters in Phoenix at 4700 N. Central Ave on August 8th.
*Bill Crawford has been endorsed by the Scottsdale Area Association of Realtors.*Protect Our Preserve has endorsed Solange Whitehead and Councilwoman Kathy Littlefield for Scottsdale City Council.
*Protect Our Preserve has announced their opposition to Councilwoman Linda Milhaven to Scottsdale City Council.
*Five people submitted nominating petitions by Wednesday’s deadline to get on the ballot for Phoenix mayor. The city clerk has until August 18 to verify petitions. Each candidate with 1,500 valid Phoenix signatures will be certified to appear on the November 6 ballot. Candidates who have filed are:
- Kate Gallego – the former District 8 councilmember in Phoenix.
- Daniel Valenzuela – the former District 5 councilmember in Phoenix.
- Moses Sanchez – a former school board member who works for a digital marketing company.
- Nicholas Sarwark – chair of the National Libertarian Party who runs a family car dealership.
- Tim Seay – who identifies as a Freemason, businessman and president of several nonprofit groups.
*Councilwoman Linda Milhaven will be hosting a fundraising event called “Neighborhood Conversations” on Wednesday, August 15th at 5:30pm at the Home of Bronwyn and Kevin Maxwell. Link to RSVP for the event.
Candidates in Scottsdale, Paradise Valley, and Phoenix should feel free to send me tips and information at email@example.com