A First Look At What Happened Yesterday
Public Opinion Strategies completed N=1600 interviews last night with 2020 voters. There is a lot more to learn and say about this election, but, here are five initial key takeaways from this work:
- President Trump won the 30% who voted on Election Day by 26 points (59% for Trump/33% for Biden).
- Late deciders broke heavily towards President Trump. Among voters who decided in October or later (11% of the electorate), Trump won by 16 points (51% Trump/35% Biden/14% Third Party Candidate).
- President Trump continued to enjoy crushing margins among non-college white men (67% Trump/27% Biden)
- Former Vice President Biden did win seniors, but by just one point (48% Trump/49% Biden).
- There were more “shy Trump voters” than “shy Biden voters.” Nineteen percent (19%) of Trump voters said they kept their support for Trump a secret from most of their friends, compared to just 8% of Biden voters.
Click here for a brief slide deck on understanding the Election.
Here is the full link from our website: https://pos.org/post-election-national-survey-2/